We highly recommend travel insurance be purchased when making your vacation reservation. Travel insurance is offered through RedSky Travel Insurance at a rate of 6.95% of the total trip cost. This insurance can be purchased (accepted) on the Vacation Rental Agreement (by default, it is NOT included on the lease). If you decline the Travel Insurance but decide later that you wish to add it, you must pay the premium with your final payment on the reservation which is due 30 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, the premium is non-refundable.
Once Travel Insurance is accepted, it can refund prepaid fees and covers a variety of issues that could impact your vacation causing financial loss due to unforeseen circumstances. Reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include:
- sickness, injury or death of leaseholder, a family member or traveling companion
- named hurricane or other natural disaster
- mandatory evacuation
- road closure due to adverse weather or natural disaster
- uninhabitability of vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- traffic accident en route to your vacation destination
- primary or secondary school year extension beyond original closing date
- uninhabitability of leaseholder’s (or traveling companion’s) primary residence caused by a natural disaster
- employer termination or layoff after 1 year of employment
- jury duty
- military leave revocation or reassignment
- military, police or fire personnel being called into emergency service
This is private insurance so if you have specific questions and/or want to verify specific coverage, please call RedSky Travel Insurance directly at (866) 889-7409.