We highly recommend travel insurance be purchased when making your vacation reservation. Trip insurance is offered through RedSky Travel Insurance at a rate of 7.75% of the total trip cost. This insurance can be purchased (accepted) on the Vacation Rental Lease Agreement (by default, it is NOT included on the lease). The premium is not refundable 14 days after purchase.
If Travel Insurance is declined but you decide later to purchase it, you may do so up until your final payment due date which is 30 days before arrival. Travel insurance cannot be added to your reservation after the final payment due date.
Once Travel Insurance is purchased, it can refund prepaid fees and covers a variety of issues that could impact your vacation causing financial loss due to unforeseen circumstances. Reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include:
- sickness*, injury or death of leaseholder, a family member or traveling companion
- named hurricane or other natural disaster
- mandatory evacuation
- road closure due to adverse weather or natural disaster
- uninhabitability of vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- traffic accident en route to your vacation destination
- primary or secondary school year extension beyond original closing date
- uninhabitability of leaseholder’s (or traveling companion’s) primary residence caused by a natural disaster
- employer termination or layoff after 1 year of employment
- jury duty
- military leave revocation or reassignment
- military, police or fire personnel being called into emergency service
*Effective end of day May 11, 2023, the Biden Administration along with the US Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) have declared the end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE). Therefore, any claim events related to COVID-19 occurring on May 12th and beyond will be treated like any other sickness or illness that could affect your travel arrangements.