Vacation Rentals & COVID-19
North Carolina has lifted a number of provisions with Executive Order No. 195, effective Feb. 26, 2021. Please click here for the Frequently Asked Questions.
Click these links to view current information and the latest updates regarding this area:
We will be updating this page with new information as it becomes available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is happening on the Outer Banks due to the Phase 3 COVID-19 Restrictions?
NC Governor Roy Cooper has issued Executive Order 195 effective through March 31, 2021:
- Face coverings are mandatory in public when social distancing cannot be maintained, such as in grocery stores.
- Open with 30% reduced capacity (may not exceed 250 persons in indoor spaces): Bars* & Nightclubs, Meeting/Reception/Conference Spaces, Auditoriums/Arenas and other venues for live performances. *Different groups of persons at bar counters must be separated by 6 feet. On-site consumption of alcoholic beverages must cease at 11:00 PM.
- Open with 50% reduced capacity: Restaurants, Breweries/Wineries/Distilleries, Outdoor areas of Amusement Parks, Fitness Centers & Gyms, Community Pools, and Retail Businesses.
- Indoor wedding receptions are subject to the 30% capacity limit and guests must be seated when attending. Wedding ceremonies and religious services are not subject to attendee limits but guests are strongly encouraged to adhere to the 3 W’s (wear a face covering, wait 6 feet apart, wash your hands).
The above information will be updated when it becomes available.
Will the stores be stocked?
We highly recommend bringing the following items because there have been shortages and/or out-of-stocks in the local stores: Wal-mart, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Publix, etc.:
- Paper goods: bath tissue, paper towels
- Sanitizing/cleaning products: sanitary wipes (such as Clorox Wipes™), gloves, disinfectant spray (such as Lysol™), Clorox™ Clean-up
Will the rental home be safe for my family?
We know cleanliness is important to everyone. We would like to share some steps that will be done to ensure the cleanliness of your vacation home:
- We are providing our cleaning staff with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Housekeepers are trained on how to disinfect and sanitize during weekly turn cleans.
- Our housekeeping inspectors will be in the field to help ensure that the extra steps are being followed.
- All homes have had a spring deep clean with extra efforts made in sanitizing.
Please prepare to bring your own sanitizing products, such as Clorox™ Wipes, as the local stores may not have these items in stock. Also, remember to discard these products in the trash. Please do NOT flush these products down toilets as they will clog pipes.
What can I expect when my family arrives at our rental property?
If you’re a return guest or a first-time vacationer on the OBX, the home’s appearance may look a little different as we have revised our preparations for this summer season. Also be sure to review our Vacation Packing List.
- The bed sheets and towel sets are laundered by a commercial laundering company
- These fresh sheets will be used to make the beds with a pillow inside a pillowcase (note: top bunk beds, sleeper sofas and daybeds are not prepared).
- If you require more bedding, such as extra pillows and blankets, we strongly urge you to bring these personal items with you.
- Blankets, comforters or bed coverlets may be stored in the bedroom closets however our cleaners will only place items on the bed that can be laundered by you, if needed, during your stay.
Will I get a refund if I cannot travel to the Outer Banks?
If your family has an existing reservation and decides not to travel due to fear or hesitancy to travel, please refer to Item 10 Cancellation Policy in your Vacation Rental Lease Agreement. We would need notice of your cancellation in writing by email, if that is your decision. Paramount Destinations will try to re-rent the week at the original rental rate. If the week re-books at the original rental or lowered rental rate, then you would receive a refund based on the final rental rate minus the $338.25 cancellation fee. If the property does not re-rent, then the payment(s) made by you will be forfeited. If you have questions, please contact our office which is open 7-days a week (866) 753-3045.
Will travel insurance cover my trip costs if I decide not to travel?
If guests already purchased travel insurance, please contact the appropriate company. Paramount Destinations cannot answer questions about coverage related to the coronavirus situation and related factors.
If guests wish to purchase travel insurance at this time, it will still cover other reasons unrelated to the current pandemic that your family may find beneficial. You may contact RedSky to discuss the policy at the phone number above or if you want to know the cost, please call Paramount Destinations to get a quote based on your trip total.