Bruce Springsteen isn’t the only one born to run. Test your strength and challenge your endurance at the annual Outer Banks Marathon weekend. Join the coastal North Carolina community as they run or walk their way to the finish line. Many visitors return year after year because they fall in love with the beautiful beaches and the sweet, Southern hospitality. Take in the truly breathtaking views as you trek through the carefully planned courses. Regardless of the results, honor your best efforts and personal accomplishments! Channel the energy from the heavenly landscapes and run your way to victory!
If you’re planning a trip around the Outer Banks Marathon, be sure to download our complimentary vacation guide! This handy planner outlines thoughtful recommendations on the best things to see and do during your stay. Narrow down the perfect restaurant for a celebratory, post-race dinner. Mark your calendars for additional events like this annual race.
Participate in Various Races and Activities at the Outer Banks Marathon
Spend your Veteran’s Day weekend participating in all the Outer Banks Marathon races and events. With shorter-length runs, celebration parties, and additional challenges, the event boasts entertainment for the entire family!
- If you’re up for the challenge, take part in the 26.2-mile marathon. Participants may run or walk along the course while admiring the palm tree-studded surroundings.
- Consider the 13.1-mile half marathon for a less strenuous, though still challenging, race.
- Other race lengths include an 8K and a 5K which runners can combine with the whole or half marathon for a chance to win extra running gear!
- Kids love the Family Festival. Enjoy corn hole, face painting, bounce houses, kites, and even a rock climbing wall!
- On the last day of the weekend affair, celebrate your successes at the post-race party held in Manteo.
- Receive medals, event shirts, and complimentary food and beer as a reward for your dedication!
The Marathon’s Course Description
The marathon begins in Kitty Hawk and extends further south. The course map shows the race cutting through Kill Devil Hill and Nags Head, which is where the Half Marathon begins, before reaching the end of the route in Manteo. Experienced athletes and novice runners agree that the natural beauty of the area set this course apart from all the rest.
Relax Your Muscles and Restore Your Mind
After participating in the Outer Banks Marathon Weekend, you may be in need of a little relaxation and restoration. Return to your spacious Paramount Destinations’ vacation rental to rejuvenate after an exhausting day. With so many enticing outdoor adventures and exciting OBX events. Take in the gorgeous, waterfront views and tranquil, evening atmosphere.
Stroll down Memory Lane with your loved ones and create new memories in this traditional oceanfront property. Located in Nags Head, the home sits conveniently located to many of the races’ starting points as well as the finish line after party. Experience a magical sunrise, at twilight, on the wraparound porch. While amenities do include a/c, you may not even need it with all the saltwater breezes rushing ashore to fill this home. Allow us to make your vacation a dream come true!